Chocolate Orange Liqueur Muffins
- Yield: 20 pieces
- 1 1/2cups white flour
- 1/2cup whole wheat flour
- 1cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/3cup safflower oil
- 1/4cup orange juice
- 1/4cup orange liqueur
- 1-- egg
- 1 1/2teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 1cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Grease 20 mini-muffin cups (or 12 larger ones if you wish). Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, stir together oil, juice, liqueur, egg, orange peel, and vanilla. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients, add oil mixture, and stir just enough to combine. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter into the 20 prepared muffin cups. Bake about 15 minutes (20 minutes for larger muffins) or until a toothpick/tester comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from pans. Serve warm or cold. These store and freeze well.