Kim Nguyen | Lovin' From the Oven
- 1/2cup shortening
- 1/2cup Nutella
- 1/2cup granulated sugar
- 1/2cup brown sugar
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2tablespoons milk
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4cups all purpose flour
- 1/4cup granulated sugar for rolling
- 36 Hershey Kisses, unwrapped
- In a large mixing bowl, beat shortening and Nutella. Add the ½ c granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Beat until combined.
- Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla.
- Beat in the flour.
- Scoop out rounded tablespoons and roll them into balls. Roll the balls in the granulated sugar and place on a cookie sheet, 2 inches apart on a parchment lined, ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350º until edges are set.
- Press kisses into the center of each cookie as soon as they are removed from the oven. Let cook on wire rack.
This recipe from Lovin’ From the Oven and Honest Cooking was republished with permission. It originally appeared as Nutella Kiss Cookies.
Kim Nguyen | Lovin’ From the Oven