Chocolate Mousse with Tofu
- Yield: 10 servings
Cornell researchers have found that cocoa has nearly twice the antioxidants of red wine and up to three times those found in green tea.
- 1cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1cup non-dairy milk, such as soymilk or rice milk
- 2 (12.3-ounces) packages low-fat silken tofu
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 graham cracker pie crust (optional)
- 10 strawberries, sliced
- 10 mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Place chocolate chips and non-dairy milk in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Let sit for 2 minutes.
- Place tofu, vanilla, chocolate mixture in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Transfer into a graham cracker pie crust, if using, or small individual serving dishes and chill for 2 hours in the refrigerator or 30 minutes in the freezer. Serve topped with strawberries and garnished with mint, if using.
- Stored in a covered container in the refrigerator, leftover Chocolate Mousse will keep for up to 3 days.
Variation: Add a chopped banana to the blender or food processor when you process the tofu and chocolate together.
Recipe courtesy of The Cancer Project
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 125
- Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 3.1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 75mg
- Carbohydrate 14.1g
- Fiber 1.5g
- Sugars 10.5g
- Protein 6g