Chocolate Morsel Cake
- Yield 12 servings
I have had this recipe for many years. I got the recipe from my mother and it is always a hit with friends and family.
- 1 (18 1/4-ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 (3-ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 6 ounces chocolate morsels
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease and flour a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Stir together the cake mix, pudding mix, egg, and milk. (This will be very sticky.) Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the chocolate morsels evenly over the top. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, until the top springs back to the touch.
- Cool and sprinkle with the confectioners’ sugar.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen:
This quick cake also can be made with butterscotch pudding and butterscotch morsels.
—Lisa Rowett, Mineral Wells, TX