Chocolate Mint Snappers
- Yield: 4
- 6ounces (1 cup) mint-flavor chocolate chips
- 2 1/2cups flour
- 2teaspoons baking soda
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4cup light corn syrup
- 1/2cup (or more) sugar
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler over hot water; remove from the heat and cool.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and cinnamon together, set aside.
- Cream the butter and 1/2 cup sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg. Blend in the corn syrup and melted chocolate. Add the sifted dry ingredients gradually, mixing well after each addition.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and roll in 1/2 cup sugar, coating well. Arrange 3 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes. Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Waterloo-Cedar Falls, Iowa, First Impressions, Dining with Distinction (The Junior League of Waterloo-Cedar Falls, Iowa, Inc., 2001).