Chocolate Mint Cookies
- Yield 5.5
Mint-flavored chocolate chips or chopped chocolate-mint candies stud these classic cookies.
"My grandma would always give us these cookies when we visited her, if she didn't eat all of them first. They were so mouthwatering—like all her food—and special because the were made with Grandma's loving hands and heart."
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 10-ounce package mint-flavored semisweet chocolate chips or 1 12-ounce package mint patties, chopped finely
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine one cup sugar and oil. Mix well. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour mixture. Stir in chips or chopped patties.
- Chill dough in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Take rounded teaspoons of dough, shape into balls, and roll in remaining sugar.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and bake 8 to 10 minutes.
– Recipe by Devonne J. Hoffert, Minot, N.D.