Chocolate Martini Cocktail
- Yield: 1 servings
- European-Style Hot Chocolate
- 8cups whole milk
- 2/3cup heavy cream
- 3tablespoons sugar
- 1pound bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Chocolate Martini
- 2ounces chilled European-style hot chocolate
- 2ounces Bailey's Irish Cream
- 2ounces vodka
- 4 to 5 ice cubes
- In a large saucepan, bring the milk, cream, and sugar to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching.
- When the mixture boils, immediately remove from the heat.
- Add the chocolate to the hot milk mixture, whisking until the chocolate melts and the hot chocolate is smooth. Whisk in the vanilla.
- Allow to chill.
- Pour the chilled hot chocolate, Baileys, and vodka into a cocktail shaker.
- Add the ice and shake vigorously.
- Pour the iced martini through a strainer into a martini glass and serve.
Note: For presentation with style, drizzle melted chocolate into the cool glass. Let set a few minutes before pouring in the martini.
Recipe from Chocopologie by Fritz Knipschildt with Mary Goodbody (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2015)