Chocolate Lovers Dream Cake
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1box chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1cup all purpose flour
- 1cup sugar
- 1-- generous dash of salt
- 1cup sour cream
- 1cup very hot water, with 1 packet instant hot chocolate mixed in
- 3large eggs
- 1tablespoon white chocolate coffee flavoring syrup
- 1/2cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1/2cup butter, room temperature
- 2teaspoons white chocolate syrup
- 12-- oreo cookies, crushed
- 4cups shifted confectioner's sugar
- 2tablespoons milk (if icing is too stiff, add a little at a time till spreading consistency)
- 3/4cup hershey's cocoa powder
Pour evenly into two baking pans and bake as usual. Oven temp of 350º for approximately 30 minutes.
NOTE: to ensure even baking I always use two strips of terry cloth dampened, and then pinned around cake pans. This will help in eliminating that hump in the middle of your cake.
Removed from oven and cool about 5 minutes. I then wrap cakes well in saran wrap while cake is still hot as the steam creates more moisture in your cake. Either refrigerate or freeze cakes depending on when you need the cake. Do not frost cake till it's completely cooled.
Make the same frosting recipe again only difference is add 3/4 cup cocoa and do not mix in cookies. Use this frosting to frost whole outside of cake. Enjoy.