Chocolate “Lovers” Cheesecake
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 1/2cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 11ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3cup sugar
- 1/4cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1cup heavy cream
- 4ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 2tablespoons water
- 1/2cup heavy cream
- 2tablespoons powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt chocolate chips in top of a double boiler over low heat. Stir until melted. Combine cream cheese and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment until fluffy and smooth. Add sugar and vanilla and beat well, scraping down the sides. Add melted chocolate and beat to combine.
- In another bowl add the heavy cream and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into the chocolate cream cheese mixture gently. Spoon mixture into a springform mold lined with aluminum foil (or sure 2 1/2 inch cookie cutters as I did that are set on a parchment lined baking sheet). Chill the mixture for 1 to 2 hours. Invert onto a serving platter and remove the aluminum foil.
- In a microwaveable dish add the dark chocolate and water and cook for 30 second intervals until the mixture is melted. Let cool slightly. Pour over the top of the cheesecake and set aside.
- In another bowl add the whipped cream icing ingredients and beat until stiff peaks form. Fill a pastry bag fitted with the tip of your choice (I used a #96 star tip). Pipe icing on the top of the cheesecake and serve immediately, or chill until ready to serve.