Chocolate Layered Dessert
- Yield 16 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 7 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (4-serving) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (4-serving) package instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven 350F.
- With fork, mix together flour and butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans; press into an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan. Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool completely.
- In mixer, blend cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until creamy. Fold in 3/4 cup whipped topping. Spread on top of first layer.
- Mix pudding mixes with milk, and prepare according to package directions. Add vanilla. Spread over cream cheese layer. Cover with remaining 1 1/4 cup whipped topping. Refrigerate.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg and Gerald Miletello’s Eating Well Through Cancer: Easy Recipes & Recommendations During and After Treatment (2001).