Chocolate Lace Cookies
- Yield: 3
- 1cup quick-cooking oats
- 1cup granulated sugar (no substitutions)
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1teaspoon orange juice
- 1cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine the oats, sugar and salt in a bowl and mix well. Stir in the margarine, egg, vanilla and orange juice. Drop by a scant 1/2 teaspoonful 2 inches apart onto foil-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 6 to 11 minutes or until the edges are brown and slightly tan in the center. Remove the foil with the cookies to a wire rack. Cool completely before removing from the foil.
- Heat the chocolate chips in a double boiler over simmering water until melted. Spread the melted chocolate over 1 side of half the cookies. Top with the remaining cookies to form sandwiches.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Buffalo, Great Lake Effects, Buffalo Beyond Winter and Wings (The Junior League of Buffalo, Inc., 1997).