Chocolate Lace Cookies
- Yield 3
Why not make up a batch of these delicate lace cookies to serve at your next brunch?
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup granulated sugar (no substitutions)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine the oats, sugar and salt in a bowl and mix well. Stir in the margarine, egg, vanilla and orange juice. Drop by a scant 1/2 teaspoonful 2 inches apart onto foil-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 6 to 11 minutes or until the edges are brown and slightly tan in the center. Remove the foil with the cookies to a wire rack. Cool completely before removing from the foil.
- Heat the chocolate chips in a double boiler over simmering water until melted. Spread the melted chocolate over 1 side of half the cookies. Top with the remaining cookies to form sandwiches.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Buffalo, Great Lake Effects, Buffalo Beyond Winter and Wings (The Junior League of Buffalo, Inc., 1997).