Chocolate Honey Brulees
- Yield 4 servings
A chocolate twist of creme brulee.
- 1 -- (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 -- eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk together evaporated milk, milk and eggs until well-blended. Mix in honey, cocoa powder, orange peel and vanilla. Divide mixture evenly between 4 (3/4 to 1 cup capacity) oven-proof custard cups or ramekins.
- Place custard cups in a baking pan. Fill pan with boiling water to reach halfway up cups. Bake at 325F 1 hour or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove cups from baking pan and allow to cool. Cover and refrigerate custard cups until chilled, 4 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, sprinkle sugar evenly over tops of custards. Place cups under broiler; cook until sugar melts and caramelizes.