- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/2cups milk
- 1cup cream
- 4ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup sugar
- 4-- egg yolks
- Combine the milk and cream in a saucepan and mix well. Cook just until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chocolate and salt, stirring until the chocolate melts.
- Whisk the sugar and egg yolks in a bowl until pale yellow. Stir in the chocolate mixture. Return the mixture to the saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until slightly thickened, whisking constantly.
- Strain into a bowl. Let stand until cool.
- Pour into an ice cream freezer container. Freeze using manufacturer's directions.
NOTE: You can also use the alternative method for freezing noted above.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Austin, Austin Entertains (The Junior Legue of Austin 2001)