Chocolate Fudge Pudding
- Yield 4 servings
Sweetened with agave nectar or honey, this fudgy pudding is good and good for you.
Super-creamy and not too sweet, this pudding uses agave nectar, which is extracted from the wild agave plant and is high in antioxidants. It has a clean sweet flavor and cam be found in natural and specialty stores. It’s also great as a sweetener for tea.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk or plain soymilk
- 1/2 cup agave nectar or honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine cocoa powder, cornstarch and salt in a 1-quart saucepan. Add just enough of the milk to make a smooth paste. Gradually stir in remaining milk and agave nectar.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour into individual serving dishes and chill.