Vegan Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream
- Yield 2 servings
This protein-packed, non-dairy ice cream tastes so decadent, you won't realize that it's good for you.
- 3/4 cup plain soymilk (unsweetened)
- 2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
- 6 ounces 90% Cacoa Chocolate Bar
- 3 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 5 to 15 drops Stevia extract
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl at 30 second intervals, stirring in between each interval
- Put the soymilk and protein powder into a shaker cup and shake until the protein powder is absorbed (it should be creamy)
- When the chocolate is melted, add 2 spoonfuls of the soymilk mixture into the chocolate bowl and stir
- Pour more of the soymilk mixture (about half of the mixture) into the chocolate mixture and stir again
- Add the rest of the soymilk mixture and the honey to the chocolate mixture
- Put the bowl in the fridge for half an hour, then put it in the freezer until it is all frozen
- Bring the bowl out of the freezer 10 minutes before eating to soften, enjoy!
- Do not microwave the protein powder and soymilk together—it bakes into a gross cake patty.
- The ice cream melts pretty quickly, so scoop it into a cold bowl to slow the melting process… or just eat it like there’s no tomorrow.
Bio: Jessica Stier, a university student majoring in Nutritional Sciences, develops healthy dessert recipes that use good-for-you ingredients to make nutritious–yet sinful tasting–nutritionally balanced dishes that you can feel good about eating. You can view her blog at http://chockohlawtay.blogspot.com