Chocolate Fudge Brownies from the Palmer House Hilton
- Yield: 24 servings
- 3 1/2cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2cups (4 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2cups sugar
- 1 1/2cups all-purpose flour
- 1tablespoon baking powder
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4cups chopped walnut pieces
- 1tablespoon water
- 2tablespoons apricot preserves
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate and butter in a glass bowl set over simmering water.
- Sift together flour, sugar and baking powder. Stir chocolate mixture into flour mixture. Whisk in eggs.
- Pour into a 12 x 9-inch baking pan. Sprinkle walnuts on top, pressing slightly into batter.
- Bake 40 minutes, or until the edges become slightly crisp and the brownie has raised about 1/4 inch. (Even when the brownie is properly baked, it will test “gooey” with a toothpick in the center.) Let cool 30 minutes.
- Combine water and preserves in a medium saucepan, whisking well. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil 2 minutes.
- Using a pastry brush, pat glaze over brownies.
- Place brownies into the freezer 3 to 4 hours. Remove from freeser, let stand 10 minutes, and slice into 24 pieces.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 480
- Fat 37g
- Saturated Fat 16g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 10g
- Monounsaturated Fat 9g
- Cholesterol 85mg
- Sodium 51mg
- Carbohydrate 39g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 28g
- Protein 6g