Chocolate Espresso Pie
- Yield 8 servings
Marshmallows give this pie a creamy consistency.
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 25 marshmallows
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package instant whipped topping mix, prepared according to package directions using skim milk
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine chocolate wafer crumbs, melted margarine and water in a 9-inch pie plate, mixing with a fork. Press down on bottom and up sides. Bake 5 minutes; let cool.
- Meanwhile, combine marshmallows, milk, cocoa and espresso powder in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, cooking until melted. Add coffee liqueur and vanilla. Let cool completely.
- Fold half the whipped topping into filling mixture and pour into baked shell. Spread the remaining whipped topping on top. Refrigerate until set.