Chocolate Espresso Cookies
- Yield 2
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 10 mins
Dark finely ground coffee from your coffee grinder makes these cookies dark and rich.
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons, sugar
- 3 teaspoons finely ground dark roast coffee
- 3/4 cup all-purposeflour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt unsweetened chocolate, 1 cup chocolate chips and butter. Stir until smooth.
- Whisk eggs, ground coffee and sugar together until a soft ribbon forms when lifting whisk. Beat in chocolate mixture. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into mixture. Stir until just combined. Add remaining chocolate chips. Stir until just mixed.
- Drop batter 2 inches apart on greased or parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes until puffed and cracked on top. Remove from oven and cool 1 minute on sheet; transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe courtesy of Tamworth Inn, Tamworth, N.H.