Chocolate Drop Cookies
- Yield: 4 1/2
- 1/2cup butter, softened
- 1cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 2/3cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2teaspoon each baking soda and salt
- 1/2cup chopped walnuts
- 2cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4cup baking cocoa
- 1/4cup butter, softened
- 1/4cup hot strong brewed coffee
- 3/4teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Beat in chocolate until blended. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on pans for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat frosting ingredients until smooth. Frost cookies.