Chocolate Cream Pie
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 10 mins
Creamy, chocolate goodness that comes together in just a few minutes.
- 3 cups whole or 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 (9-inch) pastry shell, baked
- Whipped cream
- Heat milk in microwave until hot. Sift sugar, flour and cornstarch into a saucepan. Add milk, stirring until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat and cook until thick and bubbly. Whisk in egg yolks and simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter, vanilla and chocolate. Stir until chocolate is melted. Let cool. Pour into cooled pastry shell and chill at least 2 hours. Top with whipped cream.
Adapted from Jim Fobel’s Old-Fashioned Baking Book.