Chocolate Covered Bacon
- Yield: 1 pound
This is a simple recipe that produces big-flavor results! Crispy, smoky bacon is dressed to the nines with silky, rich chocolate and crushed peanuts. Please note: one taste may result in an eating frenzy. EQUIPMENT NOTE: You will need a double boiler.
- 1pound thick-sliced slab bacon
- 1/2pound bittersweet chocolate
- 1/4pound crushed, salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Spread out bacon on a wax paper-lined baking sheet, careful not to overlap the strips. Bake until crisp, about 15-18 minutes. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler and dip bacon strips into chocolate, covering completely. Remove to wax paper or silpat. Sprinkle peanuts over chocolate-covered bacon (optional). Refrigerate for 30 minutes.