Quickie Chocolate-Covered Cookie Bars
- Yield: 4 servings
- 7-9 whole graham crackers
- 1/2cup caramel sauce
- 1cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2tablespoons butter
- 1tablespoon coarse sea salt
- Line an 8 x 8-inch or 9 x 9-inch pan with aluminum foil.
- Lay out a layer of graham crackers along the bottom. Fill in spaces with pieces of graham crackers so the bottom is totally covered.
- Microwave caramel sauce on high for 20 seconds, or until it’s a thinner, pourable consistency. Pour over graham crackers, and spread in an even layer.
- Top with the rest of the graham crackers, repeating as in the first layer, with all the spaces filled.
- Microwave chocolate chips and butter on high for 1 minute. Remove and stir until very smooth. Spread chocolate over top. Chill.
- Top with coarse salt and cut into pieces of desired size.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Cupboard To Table Cookbook © 2016 by Judy Hanneman, The Countryman Press.