Chocolate Coconut Bars
- Yield: servings
- 2cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4cup sugar
- 2cups flaked coconut
- 1-- (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2cup chopped pecans
- 1-- (7-ounce) chocolate candy bar
- 2tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar in a bowl. Press over the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking pan. Bake at 350F for 10 minutes. Combine the coconut, condensed milk and pecans in a bowl and mix well. Spread over the prepared crust. Melt the candy bar in a small saucepan over low heat. Add the peanut butter and stir until well mixed. Spread over the coconut mixture. Let stand until chocolate is set. Cut into bars.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Telephone Pioneers of America’s Celebrations (Telephone Pioneers of America, Chapter 34, Birmingham, Al., 1999).