- Yield: 8 servings
- 6tablespoons butter
- 1cup self-rising flour
- 1 3/4cups sugar, divided
- 3tablespoons cocoa (baking), divided
- 1/2cup milk
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2cups boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in 7 x 11 inch glass dish.
- In a large bowl mix 1 C flour, 3/4 C sugar, and 1&1/2 T cocoa. Stir in milk and vanilla.
- Spoon mixture into dish over melted butter. Do not mix.
- Mix remaining 1 C sugar and 1&1/2 T cocoa. Sprinkle over other mixture. Do not stir.
- Pour boiling water over top. Do not mix.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.