Chocolate Chunk Scones
- Yield 1
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 13 mins
Every now and then, it's important to have chocolate for breakfast.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) very cold butter
- 6 ounces chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon, heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in the bowl of a food processor; pulse until combined. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Transfer to a deep bowl. Add chocolate and 1 cup of cream; stir with a fork until just mixed.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead once or twice until dough comes together. Pat out into a ½-inch-thick 6-inch by 9-inch rectangle. Cut into three equal strips. Cut each strip into four equal squares. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush tops with remaining cream and sprinkle evenly with turbinado sugar. Bake 13 minutes, or until golden.
Recipe by Jennifer Perillo.