Simple Chocolate Pumpkin Pie
- 2large eggs, room temperature
- 1can (16 oz) pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie crust
- 1cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2cup whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Spray a 9-inch pie dish with non-stick spray and carefully fit in one 9-inch unbaked pie crust. Pinch edges together with fingers for a decorative edge.
3. Microwave 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels and 1/2 cup whipping cream in a small microwave-safe bowl at HIGH for one minute or until melted, stirring at 30-second intervals.
4. Spoon chocolate mixture over bottom of pie crust. Cover and chill one hour, or until chocolate mix is set.
5. In a large bowl combine eggs, pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin pie spice, and black pepper. Mix with hand-held mixer until combined.
6. Pour pumpkin mixture into the crust.
7. Place pie on a baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350F and bake until filling is set, 35 to 40 minutes.