Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Yield: 24 servings
"I've baked this fragrant bread for years. It's different with the combination of cloves and chocolate - and is a perfect choice for holiday gift giving—when I can get the loaves away from my family."
- 1cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1cup granulated sugar
- 2/3cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- 1/2cup milk or water
- 2teaspoons baking soda
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 1/3cups all-purpose flour
- 2cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease four 6 x 3-inch mini loaf pans.
- Combine the brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, and eggs in a large bowl. Using a mixer at medium-high speed, beat until creamy.
- Add the pumpkin, milk, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves and beat at low speed until smooth.
- Stir in the flour until just blended. Fold in the chips. Pour the batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool completely on wire racks.
Recipe by Marsha Baker, Pioneer, Ohio