Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Yield 3
Can’t decide between oatmeal and chocolate chip? This outrageous reduced-calorie, reduced-fat cookie gives you both.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven 350F. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
- Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar until blended. Add in egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda in a separate mixing bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture until just combined. Combine dough with oatmeal, chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto cookie sheet.
- Bake until edge of cookies are browned, usually 10-12 minutes.