- 1cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2cup granulated sugar
- 2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1cup finely chopped, toasted pecans
- 1/2cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/2cups powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on high, beat butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in vanilla. Add flour and salt and mix on low until a stiff dough forms. Scrape down sides of bowl; add pecans and chocolate chips. Mix just until incorporated. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls about 1 inch apart on prepared pans. Refrigerate 10 minutes. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, until set on top and lightly browned around the edges.
- Place powdered sugar in a large, deep bowl. Let cookies rest on pans 5 minutes. Working with a few at a time while cookies are still warm, gently roll in sugar to coat. Place on wire racks to cool completely. Roll again in powdered sugar.