Chocolate Cherry Banana Bread
- Yield: 10 servings
- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1cup packed brown sugar
- 2-- eggs
- 2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2cups mashed bananas (2 or 3 bananas)
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoon freshly grated or ground nutmeg
- 1/4cup sour cream
- 3/4cup each chocolate chips and dried cherries
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Mix the flour, baking soda and salt together. Beat the butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl until creamy, scraping the bowl occasionally. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addtion. Stir in the vanilla. Add the bananas, cinnamon and nutmeg and beat until blended. Add the flour mixture and sour cream alternately, beating well after each addition. Fold in the chocolate chips and cherries. Spoon the batter into a buttered 4×8-inch loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe reprinted with permission from America’s Most-Loved Community Cookbooks Recipes Worth Sharing (Nashville, Tn., 2008).