- Yield: 12 servings
The recipe for Chocolate Cheesecake, sent in by Bonnie Rickenbaugh of Stertevant, Wis., is easy to make. "I have been asked to make it for many occasions. I like to make it because I usually have all the ingredients on hand. I especially like to serve it for guests, because this is a dessert that is meant to be shared," Rickenbaugh says.
- 1 1/2cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4cup sugar
- 1/3cup butter, melted
- 3 (8-ounce) packages reduced-fat or regular cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet
- chocolate chips, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- To prepare crust, combine chocolate crumbs, sugar and butter in a small bowl; mix well. Press on the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- To prepare filling, place cream cheese in a large bowl and beat with a mixer at medium-high speed until smooth. Add condensed milk; beat well. Add remaining ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared crust and bake 65 to 75 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack to room temperature. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Serves 12.
Recipe by Bonnie Rickenbaugh, Sturtevant, Wis.