Chocolate Caramel Pecan Sandies
- Yield: 3 dozens
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 13 mins
This recipe, courtesy of the American Dairy Farmers, is perfect for kids: they can help mix the dough, roll it into balls, and drizzle on the chocolate and caramel. We loved the hint of sea salt next to the sweet caramel, but you can omit it if you like.
- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1cup pecans, lightly toasted and very finely ground
- 18 to 20 caramel candies, cut in half
- 2tablespoons whole milk
- 1cup chopped bittersweet chocolate or semisweet chocolate morsels (at least 60% cocoa)
- 2 to 3tablespoons large crystal sea salt or fleur de sel, as needed
- Combine flour and salt in bowl; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat to blend. Add flour mixture in batches, mixing between each. Stir in ground pecans. Cover and chill dough until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls with floured hands. Place on baking sheet and flatten slightly. Bake 13 to 15 minutes.
- Cool on pan 2 to 3 minutes. Remove cookies from pan; cool on wire racks.
- Combine caramel candies and milk in a saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until caramels melt. Drizzle over cookies with a spoon.
- Place chocolate in plastic bag in a bowl; heat on medium at 30-second intervals in microwave. Massage between intervals until chocolate melts. Cut a small hole in bottom corner of bag; drizzle chocolate across each cookie. Sprinkle with sea salt. Let sit until chocolate is firm.
Courtesy of the American Dairy Farmers.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Glycemic Load 0
- Calories 150
- Fat 9g
- Saturated Fat 4.5g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 20mg
- Sodium 430mg
- Potassium 60mg
- Carbohydrate 17g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugars 10g
- Protein 2g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Vitamin A 4%
- Vitamin C 0%
- Calcium 2%
- Iron 4%