Chocolate Bread Pudding with King’s Hawaiian Bread
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Cook 75 mins
Cubes of King's Hawaiian bread with cream and chocolate baked up in a classic dessert.
- 2 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (9 oz.)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups lightly packed 1/2-inch cubes King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread(about half of 16 oz. loaf)
- Heat half-and-half in 2-qt. saucepan over medium heat until small bubbles form around edge. Remove from heat, stir in chocolate, mix until melted. Cool slightly.
- Whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt. Fold 1 cup cooled chocolate into egg mixture. Pour chocolate mixture over bread cubes and mix until bread is well coated. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Lightly apply non-stick spray to 6 (6-ounce) custard cups. Mound bread equally into each cup*.
- Place cups on baking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out nearly clean. Best served warm with chocolate or vanilla sauce. (A greased 8x8x2-inch pan may be substituted. Bake 40-45 minutes in preheated 325F oven. )