- 1/2cup sugar
- 1/4cup organic light corn syrup
- 1/4cup water
- 3/4cup Merlot
- 1pound frozen mixed berries
- 2ounces good dark chocolate (chopped fine)
- Place sugar, corn syrup, water and wine in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add berries, and stir to break up. Bring mixture to a boil, and then reduce heat to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes until berries are soft and mostly broken down.
- Remove from heat, and let cool in the refrigerator for at least an hour to chill. Berry mixture can also be made the night before and chilled overnight.
- Transfer the berry mixture to the bowl of an ice cream maker and churn for about 20 minutes until thickened and mostly frozen. Add chopped chocolate and mix for another minute to distribute well.
- Freeze sorbet in a freezer safe container, for at least 2 hours or until solid.
This recipe originally appeared as Merlot Berry and Dark Chocolate Sorbet on Cravingsomethinghealthy.com.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 296
- Fat 5g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 2mg
- Sodium 41mg
- Carbohydrate 62g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 56g
- Protein 1g