Chocolate Banana Crumb Cake
- Yield: 24 servings
- 1cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2cup light brown sugar
- 3tablespoons margarine, chilled and cut into pieces
- 2teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 (18 1/4-ounce) package light devil's food cake mix
- 1 1/4cups mashed very ripe bananas (about 3)
- 1large egg
- 2large egg whites
- 1/2cup reduced-fat semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and dust with flour.
- For the topping, combine the oatmeal and brown sugar in a small bowl. Cut in margarine until mixture is crumbly. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, bananas, egg, egg whites and the remaining vanilla. Blend with a mixer at low speed until well mixed and continue beating 2 minutes.
- Spread batter in baking pan. Sprinkle top with chocolate chips and oatmeal mixture. Bake 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 159
- Fat 3.8g
- Saturated Fat 1.6g
- Cholesterol 9mg
- Sodium 182mg
- Carbohydrate 29.2g
- Protein 2.2g