Chocolate Banana Crumb Cake
- Yield 24 servings
Chocolate and bananas give this fabulous reduced-fat cake extra moistness.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine, chilled and cut into pieces
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 (18 1/4-ounce) package light devil's food cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups mashed very ripe bananas (about 3)
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and dust with flour.
- For the topping, combine the oatmeal and brown sugar in a small bowl. Cut in margarine until mixture is crumbly. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, bananas, egg, egg whites and the remaining vanilla. Blend with a mixer at low speed until well mixed and continue beating 2 minutes.
- Spread batter in baking pan. Sprinkle top with chocolate chips and oatmeal mixture. Bake 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.