Chocolate-Amaretto Cheesecake, Crockpot-style
- Yield: 12 servings
- 3/4cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/8teaspoon almond extract
- 3tablespoons Butter, Melted
- 1tablespoon Sugar
- 1cup ricotta cheese (light)
- 12ounces neufchatel cream cheese
- 1cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/4cup amaretto
- 1/4cup cocoa
- 1/4cup flour
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3cup semi-sweet chocolate mini-morsels
- Combine crust ingredients and pat into a 7-inch springform pan.
- Beat the cheeses with the sugar until smooth; add eggs and whipping cream and beat for about 3 minutes on medium speed of an electric hand-held mixer.
- Add amaretto, cocoa, flour and vanilla; beat for about 1 more minute. Stir in semi-sweet chocolate morsels; pour into prepared pan.
- Place the cheesecake on a rack in the Crock Pot (or use a “ring” of aluminum foil to keep it off the bottom of the pot).
- Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Let stand in the covered pot (after turning it off) for about 1 to 2 hours, until cool enough to handle. Cool thoroughly before removing pan sides.
- Chill before serving; store leftovers in the refrigerator.