Chipotle Venison Burger
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/2pounds ground venison
- 1/4cup yellow onion, minced
- 3-- garlic cloves, minced
- 2tablespoons brown sugar
- 1teaspoon kosher salt
- 1teaspoon black pepper
- 1tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2tablespoons chipotle chiles with adobo sauce, minced
- 4slices Pepper Jack cheese
- 4-- sturdy burger buns or Kaiser rolls, split
- 4large lettuce leaves
- 4slices tomato
- Combine ground venison with next 7 ingredients and mix well. Form into 4 patties about 3/4 inch thick. Place on a white-hot, well-oiled barbecue grill and brown evenly on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Melt cheese over top before removing from grill. Place in buns with lettuce, tomato and your choice of condiments.
- Note: You can make burgers out of any type of waterfowl as well. Just place chopped meat in a food processor and pulse until it is about the size of a garbanzo bean. Blend with ground pork or beef.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Ducks Unlimited’s The Hunter’s Table; Wild Flavors From Duck Country (Ducks Unlimited, Inc. 2010).