- Yield 6 servings
Try these tender and juicy pork tenderloins with a Cajun flare.
- 1 cup honey Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons (or less) canned minced chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 4 -- garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 -- (12-ounce) pork tenderloins
- 1/4 cup water
- Combine the Dijon mustard, cilantro, lime juice, chipotle chiles, garlic, cumin, salt and cinnamon in a bowl and whisk to blend. Reserve 1 cup of the marinade; set aside. Combine the remaining marinade and the tenderloins in a sealable plastic bag. Marnate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, turning occasionally. Remove the tenderloins and discard the marinade. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat (350 to 400F) for 8 to 9 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the tenderloins registers 150F. Let stand for 10 minutes. Cut into slices. Combine the reserved 1 cup marinade and the water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Serve with the pork.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Pamela D. Lyle’s Da Cajn Critter; The Lifestyles, The Rules, and Makin’ Groceries (Lyles Ventures, LLC., New Orleans, Louisiana, 2008).