Chipotle Mashed Potatoes
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 15 mins
Chipotle peppers add a kick to a everyone’s favorite side—mashed potatoes.
- 3 medium (5- to 6-ounce) white potatoes
- 1/3 cup nonfat milk
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Leave skin on or peel potatoes and cut into 1-inch chunks. Place in medium saucepan and add enough water (or reduced-sodium broth) to cover. Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain, then shake potatoes over low heat for 1 minute to dry.
- Mash with potato masher or fork. Stir in milk, cheese, sour cream, chipotle peppers, cumin, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of the United States Potato Board