Chipotle Chicken Chili
- Yield: servings
- FOR CHILLI
- 2tablespoons good olive oil
- 1medium onion diced
- 1-- celery stalk diced
- 1-- jalepeno, seeds removed and minced
- 3-- garlic cloves minced
- 1tablespoon minced ginger
- 1-- bay leaf
- 1tablespoon ground cumin
- 1tablespoon ground coriander
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- 1teaspoon chili powder
- 1pound ground chicken
- 2-- chipotle chiles (canned in adobo sauce) diced
- 2tablespoons Adobo sauce from the chipotle chiles
- 3cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1-- 16 ounce can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- PICKLED JALEPENOS
- 2-- Jalepeno peppers sliced thin
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- pinch of sugar
- 2tablespoons white vinegar
In a medium saucepan, saute the first set of ingredients in the olive oil over medium heat until soft and starting to caramelize. Add the spices and cook for another minute until fragrant.
Add the ground chicken, turn up the heat and break up into small chunks until cooked through.
Add the chili's, reserved adobo sauce and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat, add the beans and simmer for 20 minutes.
Serve with pickled jalepenos and toasted bread rubbed with a clove of raw garlic.