Chipotle Chicken Chili
- Yield servings
- FOR CHILLI
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 -- celery stalk diced
- 1 -- jalepeno, seeds removed and minced
- 3 -- garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 -- bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 -- chipotle chiles (canned in adobo sauce) diced
- 2 tablespoons Adobo sauce from the chipotle chiles
- 3 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1 -- 16 ounce can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- PICKLED JALEPENOS
- 2 -- Jalepeno peppers sliced thin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch of sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
In a medium saucepan, saute the first set of ingredients in the olive oil over medium heat until soft and starting to caramelize. Add the spices and cook for another minute until fragrant.
Add the ground chicken, turn up the heat and break up into small chunks until cooked through.
Add the chili's, reserved adobo sauce and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat, add the beans and simmer for 20 minutes.
Serve with pickled jalepenos and toasted bread rubbed with a clove of raw garlic.