Chipotle Cheese Grits
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
Chipotle peppers are smoked jalapeños that are often sold packed in adobo sauce, a thick purée of tomatoes, onions, garlic and vinegar.
- 3cups water
- 3/4cup quick-cooking grits
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1cup (4-oz) shredded extra-sharp white Cheddar cheese
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, mashed
- Boil water; add grits and salt.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 5 minutes, stirring twice.
- Once thickened, remove from heat and stir in cheese and pepper.
Recipe by Anne E. Stewart.