Chipotle Black Beans Soup
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 10 minutes
- Cook 30 minutes
Plump, tender, wholesome GOYA® Low Sodium Black Beans star in this delicious Black Bean Soup, with help from a supporting cast of chipotle peppers that bring a smoky, slightly spicy undertone.
- 3 (15 1/2-ounce) cans GOYA® Low Sodium Black Beans, divided
- 1 chipotle chile, plus 2 teaspoons chipotle chile sauce from 1 (7-ounce) can GOYA Chipotle Chiles in Adobo Sauce
- 2 tablespoons GOYA Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons GOYA Minced Garlic, or 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon GOYA Ground Cumin
- 1 GOYA Chicken Bouillon mixed with 2 cups water, or 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- In bowl of blender, add 1 can black beans, chipotle chile and sauce and 2 cups water. Puree until smooth, about 30 seconds; set aside.
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and peppers; cook until soft, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and cumin; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds more. Add chicken bouillon mixture, reserved black bean puree and remaining black beans; bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to medium low and cook, stirring occasionally, until soup thickens and flavors come together, about 10 minutes.
- Divide soup evenly among serving bowls. Top with a dollop of sour cream. Sprinkle with tomatoes and cilantro.
Recipe courtesy of Goya.