Chipotle Chicken Mac
- Yield: servings
- 1pound uncooked elbow macaroni
- 8ounces Queso Cheese
- 1/8teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 to 2drop hot sauce, optional
- -- Ground black pepper and salt
- -- (2) 8 ounce skinless chicken breast
- 6ounces can chipolte chilies
- 2teaspoons roasted garlic
- 1/2cup ketchup
- 1/4cup of water
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 3tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1tablespoon honey
- 3tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
At least a day ahead (the longer the better) prepare chipolte sauce
Blend chipoltes, garlic, ketchup, water, olive oil, rice wine vinegar, honey, and cocoa powder. Store in refrigerator till used.
Cover chicken breasts in chipolte sauce and bake at 350 degrees for 30 mins. Cool and shred with Fork. Add more chipolte sauce to chicken till well-covered buy not overly wet. Cover and set aside to marinate while preparing pastas.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
Scald milk by heating in a small saucepan over medium heat Add Queso cheese, nutmeg, hot sauce, pepper and salt to scalded milk. Simmer until cheese melts, stirring constantly.
Fold cheese mixture into pasta, separate chicken so it's not clumpy and fold in to pasta and transfer mixture to a serving platter.