Chinese-Style Stir-Fried Mushrooms
- Yield 3 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 15 mins
These savory mushrooms are perfect over Asian noodles, chicken or beef.
Shiitake stems can be tough. Remove them or trim the tough bottom part. Stir-fry in a very hot skillet so the mushrooms don't water out. Serve over beef, chicken or Asian noodles.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cups shiitake, crimini, morel or enoki mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion tops
- Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add ginger and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Add soy sauce and sesame oil; cook, stirring, until most of the soy sauce evaporates, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; sprinkle with green onion. Top with toasted sesame seeds, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of the Mushroom Council, mushroomcouncil.com