Chinese Pork Vermicelli
- Yield 6 servings
No need for Chinese take-out! This Chinese-style pasta dish fills the bills.
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (6-ounce) package frozen snow pea pods
- 1 cup (1 1/2-inch) red bell bell pepper slices
- 1 (8-ounce) package vermicelli pasta
- 1/3 cup canned fat-free chicken broth
- Combine soy sauce, ginger, red pepper flakes and garlic in a large zip-top heavy-duty plastic bag. Add pork; seal the bag, shake it, and marinate in refrigerator at least 20 minutes.
- Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray, heat over medium-high heat, add pork mixture to skillet, and stir-fry 3 minutes, or until pork is browned. Add snow peas and red bell pepper, sauteing until vegetables are crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Drain. Add chicken broth and pasta to skillet. Cook 1 minute longer, or until heated through.