Chinese Chicken and Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
Look for Chinese egg noodles in the international section of the supermarket, or use two packages of ramen noodles, discarding the seasoning packets. A basic creamy processed peanut butter (like Jif or Skippy) works best here.
- 1pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6ounces Chinese egg noodles
- 1/3cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2tablespoons dry sherry
- 3tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4cup water
- 1 1/2tablespoons sugar
- 5ounces Romaine lettuce
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and cut into thin strips
- 1cup peeled, diced cucumber
- 6 green onions, sliced ¼-inch-thick
- Cut chicken breasts crosswise into thin slices
- Heat oil in large, nonstick skillet over high heat. Add chicken and sauté about 3 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain in colander and let cool.
- Whisk together peanut butter, vinegar, sherry, soy sauce, water and sugar in a small bowl.
- Stack Romaine lettuce leaves. Roll up into a long cylinder (like a cigar). Slice across the roll to form thin strips.
- Toss noodles with chicken and peanut butter mixture in a large bowl. Add bell pepper, cucumber, green onions and lettuce; toss to combine well.
Recipe by Greg Patent.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Glycemic Load 2
- Calories 270
- Fat 11g
- Carbohydrate 22g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 20g