Chinatown Red-Cooked Pork Treasures
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 25 mins
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin, (OR butt or fresh pork leg), cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 -- shallot, chopped
- 2 teaspoons five spices
- 2 teaspoons ginger root, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
In large self-sealing plastic bag, combine all ingredients and mix well. Seal bag and marinate in refrigerator 8 to 12 hours.
- Heat oven to 350F. Remove pork cubes from marinade, discarding marinade. Pat pork dry with paper toweling; place cubes in a single layer, not touching, in shallow roasting pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until pork is tender and lightly browned.
- Remove to serve platter or chafing dish and serve hot as an appetizer.