- Yield 10 to 12 servings
A South American sauce to serve on black beans and rice (Moros Y Critianos).
This sauce originated in the South American pampas where it was used to flavor beef. I love it spooned on just about anything, including Moros Y Cristianos (recipe given), rice, pasta, grilled vegetables or tofu. If I am in the mood for extra tartness, I add a spoonful of capers to this recipe.
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh parsley
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds and ribs removed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine or sherry wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade or blender, process or puree all ingredients until smooth.