Chimichurri Grilled Beef
- Yield 4 servings
A Latin-American sauce of herbs, garlic and oil tops a thin slices of grilled beef.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine or sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Marinade and Steak:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked Spanish paprika
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 pound skirt steak or sirloin beef, trimmed
- To prepare sauce, place garlic in food processor, pulse, add remaining ingredients and process until smooth. (Make up to 4 days ahead.)
- To prepare marinade, combine all ingredients in a ziptop plastic bag. Add beef to bag. Massage bag to rub marinade into beef. Refrigerate overnight.
- Grill beef until desired doneness. Serve with sauce.
Recipe by Chef Steve Petusevsky