Chilled Watermelon Gazpacho
- Yield 10 servings
This dish is full healthy fruits and vegetables, making it a unique and flavorful side dish.
- 6 cups chopped, seeded or seedless watermelon
- 1 large ripe tomato, chopped
- 1 -- mango, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 4 cups white grape juice or lemonade
- -- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint plus 6 to 8 sprigs, for garnish
- In a nonreactive large mixing bowl, combine chopped watermelon, tomatoes, mangos, cucumbers and red peppers. Add grape juice or lemonade, lime juice and chopped mint. Mix well. Place half the mixture in a blender or a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Process or puree until smooth. Add pureed mixture back to bowl with fruit; mix well. Chill at least 1 hour. Garnish with mint sprigs and serve.